1. Promote exchange of ideas between Legislators and
experts in various fields, including the fast paced world of technological
developments and electronic media, through interactive sessions, seminars,
study tours etc leading to enhanced quality of governance.
2. Provide all stakeholders in a parliamentary
democracy the opportunity to understand the importance of the role each of
them plays in ensuring development of the nation.
3. Provide opportunities for study and research in
legislative procedures to enhance legislation.
4. Enhance public participation in law making by
imparting the necessary orientation and knowledge.
5. Ensure optimum benefit to the public by providing
training in parliamentary procedures to Government Officials of various
6. Ensure efficiency of the staff of the Legislature
Secretariat through Training Programmes, discussions, seminars etc.
7.Give the youth and children a practical experience of the parliamentary
procedures through organising Student Parliament and Model Assemblies